MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Merge System 1.0 RC1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Nice work, Tikitiki.
Nice work!

Is IPB 2.0 going to be supported? It's strange that 2.1 and 1.3 are both supported, but 2.0 is not...
Origin Wrote:Nice work!

Is IPB 2.0 going to be supported? It's strange that 2.1 and 1.3 are both supported, but 2.0 is not...

We can't support every possible version of every possible system out there. However,
It may already work with 2.1.
no it does not work on 2.1 or the 2.2 will not work on 2.3 for IPB

so before Final someone should get it to work with IPB 2.1 & 2.3
I'm running a couple of fairly large boards on Invision 2.3.x, and am looking at moving to myBB.

So here's another vote for the Invision 2.3 converter Smile.
Can the two boards you are merging be on seperate url's as long as you know all of the database names ect?
bk2070 Wrote:Can the two boards you are merging be on seperate url's as long as you know all of the database names ect?

So long as the server that MyBB is on can connect to the database server of the other server, it will work.

The merge system will ask you for the database details of the other forum (database host, database username, database password, database name, table prefix) and connect separately.
Man, this is great news!

Personally I can't wait for a punbb convertor for the Merge System! Big Grin
Yes indeed, this is really great news. Converters for other forum softwares should follow soon as well, that would be even greater news.
Is it possible to merge my say my old database with my new one?

However, I only want to convert the threads and posts only. This is because the users at my old database might have registered at the new one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5