MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: trying to convert others to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I help run a website for a group of people where there is a phpbb forum. In trying to persuade them to change to MyBB I said I would upload it onto my own website for the other admins to assess.
So I installed a fresh MyBB and a fresh phpbb. I installed a backup of the original forum into the new phpbb (following the excellent instructions on your Wiki)
All went well so I then ran the converter. That too seemed to go well, but now I'm finding I can't log in to the merged board because my password isn't being recognised.
In the Wiki for Merge systems you mention a loginconvert.php plugin Where can I find this plugin please?
The loginconvert.php plugin is not needed for phpBB 2. If you had any mods on phpBB 2 that affected your passwords than that would be the problem. You'll need to undo any modifications you've made and reconvert. Either that, or your typing in the wrong password.
Thanks Tikitiki, unless I mistyped my password twice when I set the boards up I doubt it that's the problem
I'll go back, check for plugins and reconvert
Well when you imported forums it updates your user information from the phpBB 2 board. So were you typing in that password or the one that you setup your blank MyBB copy with?
I made sure both had the same username and password before I started, just in case there were any problems
maybe I did mistype the password wrongly twice Wink I did a fresh install of MyBB and ran the converter again, it worked perfectly this time.
Many thanks for this, it's brilliant Big Grin