MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who's online - Using PM System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering how it comes that, when I look at the Who's online feature below, that I see many guests "using the PM system".
This is puzzling me, since Guests (by default) don't even have the option to use the PM system. If they go straight to the private.php url as a guest, it should actually show it as "Viewing No Permissions Page" instead.

I know they can't use the PM system anyway, so was wondering what exactly they are viewing when you see the "using te PM system" in the who's online for a guest - or is something not properly displayed there?
They probably manually typed in the file private.php, so although it says they are viewing PM's, they actually are just viewing a no permissions page.
Quote:They probably manually typed in the file private.php, so although it says they are viewing PM's, they actually are just viewing a no permissions page.
That's what I thought previously as well, but it does show the "Viewing No Permissions Page" in the Who's online list in that case.
When an unknown bot/guest spiders the forum it will try and spider every part of it including the PM section.

This means when it goes the the PM section it will show it as reading PM's but when the who's online page refreshes you will notice it will be viewing the no permissions page.
What version of MyBB are you using?
Quote:What version of MyBB are you using?

Latest one - 1.2.10 version.

If you look at the Who's online here > Complete list, you see the same (guests using PM system)
The other one I often see is "giving a reputation" from Guests.

Never really bothered me enough to look into why it does it... >_>
I disabled the "reputation" thing.
It doesn't really bother me either though - I was just wondering how that was possible since I can't reproduce it.