MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Admin when new user signs up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Matt and Ryan,

BlushI really think you're misunderstanding me a bit here.
Here's my final comments on this topic:

I just thought it was a bit strange that it's not a standard feature and said so. I guess I made it sound like I am/was a bit angry or dissatisfied with MyBB. Actually, I like MyBB better than SMF and I have both, I was just commenting on this one little negative that I feel exists. As soon as you get the merge system out of beta for 1.4, I'll probably merge all my and my client's boards to MyBB.
(2008-11-14, 04:31 AM)catfished Wrote: [ -> ]Matt and Ryan,

BlushI really think you're misunderstanding me a bit here.
Here's my final comments on this topic:

I just thought it was a bit strange that it's not a standard feature and said so. I guess I made it sound like I am/was a bit angry or dissatisfied with MyBB. Actually, I like MyBB better than SMF and I have both, I was just commenting on this one little negative that I feel exists. As soon as you get the merge system out of beta for 1.4, I'll probably merge all my and my client's boards to MyBB.

I was just pointing out that you should contact Lex-. I wasn't implying anything else.

Anyway, you should try out the MyBB Merge System as it is right now. I think Beta 2 is pretty stable but it's just that everyone is so shy of testing it, we receive barely any bug reports and that in turn makes me feel it is stable enough. Then I push it out to a "stable" release and it ends up being just as problematic as it was in beta.

So I'm saying run a test of the merge of your client boards and report any bugs now so that when it goes final all of those problems will be fixed by then.

Ryan
I don't see the point of this, if your site gets 40 to 100 registrations a day that just becomes spam.

Do you really need to be notified for registrations?
(2008-11-15, 02:22 PM)Sakia Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see the point of this, if your site gets 40 to 100 registrations a day that just becomes spam.

Not everyone has a start up board with 40-100 registrations. And even if they did receive that many registrations they could simply uninstall the plugin, no dramas Wink.
(2008-11-15, 02:35 PM).Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-15, 02:22 PM)Sakia Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see the point of this, if your site gets 40 to 100 registrations a day that just becomes spam.

Not everyone has a start up board with 40-100 registrations. And even if they did receive that many registrations they could simply uninstall the plugin, no dramas Wink.

:O Oh
oh my god you may have to login to your own board every now and then ANYTHING BUT THAT
Is there a reason it couldn't be a part of the core feature set in the future?
We have this magic "bloatability" scale which tells us which features go in on future releases and which don't.

Just kidding.
I installed the plugin thinking I wanted it, until the emails went to spam - I'm glad they did as I have no use for them. If you want to manually activate people, you should be prepared to just check the ACP a bit.
Pages: 1 2