MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New members receiving email of received PMs after registering?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running a board where users have to be activated by admins. I already installed a plugin that sends these new members a PM after registering, but I want to send them an email saying there is a PM waiting for them as well.

I somehow have to activate the default option for that, but don't know how. I read about this fix where you'd have to replace the $emailpmnotifycheck with checked="checked" in the member_register template but that doesn't work.

I'm using MyBB 1.2.10. I'd like to know how to make this possible.
Admin Cp -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Registration Method -> look there Toungue

Done !!!
Run this Query
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `pmnotify` = 'yes';
he want to say in e-mail that he have a new PM ..
Well ... that's what the setting 'pmnotify' does, it notifies you by mail when you received a new PM.
But when you register you can still uncheck the box ... so it doesn't really matter; you need to remove that piece of code from the register page and hardcode it to "yes";

Open member_register template

Find && Remove
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="emailpmnotify" id="emailpmnotify" value="yes" {$emailpmnotifycheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="emailpmnotify">{$lang->email_notify_newpm}</label></span></td>
</tr>

Open member.php
Find
"emailpmnotify" => $mybb->input['emailpmnotify'],

Change into
"emailpmnotify" => "yes",
Thanks guys! I'll try it soon Smile
If you're using a recent version of my PM on Registration plugin, an automatic email will be sent to the user notifying them of a new PM if they have selected the "Notify me of new private messages" setting on their registration.
Yeah, I have that one installed, but do these new members receive a PM once their accounts are activated by admins?

That's basically what I meant Smile