MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: delete browser cookies and now i cant log in to my board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I been getting the following error when trying to logout of my board., so i decided to delete my browsers cookies and login again. But now it will not let me login. After typing in my user/pass it brings me back to the login screen.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\global.php:1) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\inc\functions.php on line 1171

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\global.php:1) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\inc\functions.php on line 1171

That is showing up on the top of the board when i first load the page.

I went and commented out line 1171 which is header($cookie, false); and the errors went away, but i still couldn't login.

Any suggestion?
ssjtoo Wrote:I went and commented out line 1171 which is header($cookie, false); and the errors went away, but i still couldn't login.

Don't comment out that line. You need that to actually set the login cookies.

Did you modify global.php in some way? If you did, try downloading the MyBB package again, and do the modifications in a text editor other than Notepad (e.g., try WordPad, Notepad++, Crimson Editor etc).

If you didn't modify global.php, try reuploading a new copy of global.php from the MyBB package downloaded from the website.
DennisTT Wrote:
ssjtoo Wrote:I went and commented out line 1171 which is header($cookie, false); and the errors went away, but i still couldn't login.

Don't comment out that line. You need that to actually set the login cookies.

Did you modify global.php in some way? If you did, try downloading the MyBB package again, and do the modifications in a text editor other than Notepad (e.g., try WordPad, Notepad++, Crimson Editor etc).

If you didn't modify global.php, try reuploading a new copy of global.php from the MyBB package downloaded from the website.

I overwrote the global.php with the one from the download package and the errors are now gone, but i still cant get logged in. After logging in i get directed to the login page again.
You did uncomment that line in functions.php ? =P
Also, if you have, can we have a link to your forum so we can check your cookie settings?
Forumlink: http://unified.podzone.net/forum/

var cookieDomain = ".unified.podzone.net";
	var cookiePath = "forum/";

Should be /forum/
Quote:Should be /forum/

^__ that fixed it.

I was fooling around with those settings when i first encountered the errors, guess i forgot to put the / back in there. lol

MyBB is great and you gota love the community and its support. Smile

Thanks, guys.