MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First time plug in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I have tried adding a plugin to my install/inc/plugins folder and it isn't showing on my forum in my plugins manager. I'm trying to add the unread pm plugin.

Cheers

Beanie
That's cause you don't add it to your install directory. You add it to the 'inc' directory in the main forum directory.
Hi

I don't have an inc folder in the forums directory. It is located in forums/install/inc/plugins. Am I missing a folder here or something?

Cheers

Beanie
Here's what I have within my 'forums' directory...

admin

archive

css

images

inc

jscripts

uploads
Mr Bean. Can I have a link to your Forums please?
lufbra Wrote:Here's what I have within my 'forums' directory...

admin

archive

css

images

inc

jscripts

uploads

Thanks Dave. I have moved the folder from where it was and my list now shows the same as yours. I am still unable to add the plugin.

DCR Wrote:Mr Bean. Can I have a link to your Forums please?

You can but my board is set to offline at the moment until I finish the set up.Smile
Open the inc directory, you should have a "plugins" directory in there, upload the plug in into that.
Well once again I must be doing something wrong. My directory is forums/inc/plugins. I have the file in there. I enter the admin settings on my forum and the file isn't there. Only that "hello world" file is there.

Do I need to CHMOD anything?

I have read the tutorial but as usual I am not getting the so called straight forward results that everyone else seems to get. I am not stupid by any stretch but I fail to see something so simple be so confusing. I'm ready to give up and start with different software.

I am using Filezilla for my FTP.

Should I be doing this or should I use the FTP on my webhost?
I don't think using any different forum software would make things any easier. I'd try editing the files to 777 or even 755 or 644 and see how that works for you.

Using Filezilla should be fine.
Thanks Dave. CHMODDing didn't make any difference. When using Filezilla I do the following :-

1) File/Site Manager/(I select my site)/Connect
2) I then select the file I want to upload from my PC in the bottom left window.
3) I open the directory I want to upload the file to in the bottom right window.
4) I right click on the file I wish to upload and select upload. It then uploads to the correct directory.

I am then supposed to be able to go straight to my admin control panel and change the activate the plugin from there.
Pages: 1 2