MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No Edit Post option after 1.2.10 Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've just updated my forum to the latest version - 1.2.10, and by and large it went OK. However I seem to have lost my edit button/option.

CPanel tells me that editpost.php was updated during the upgrade, however I no longer have to option to edit any of my posts.

Before upgrading I deactivated all of my plugins except the Mod Notice plugin which came up with this error message when trying to deactivate it:

Mod Notice Plugin Wrote:MySQL error: 1091
Can't DROP 'modnotice'; check that column/key exists
Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_posts DROP modnotice ,DROP modedituid ,DROP modedittime

I'm not sure whether this is related but I would be grateful if anyone can help me- thanks in advance.
I hate to bump, i really do. Just wondering if 'anyone' in this wide community has any ideas, maybe, possibly, hopefully?
Can you post a link to your forum?
I just registered, and posted a thread in the test forum. I was able to use both quick and full edits. Is there a specific forum that you're having a problem with?
That's strange - I cannot edit at all and neither can my members - new registrations go into a different usergroup, so perhaps that's why you were able to edit? Are you able to edit in any of the Lost related forums? I've also changed your (primary) usergroup to Global Moderator so that you can see that no edit is available.

Obviously if this is a permissions thing then I am sorry to waste your time, but I did not even touch permissions before, during or after the upgrade and even checked them just in case before I submitted this thread.

I do appreciate you help - would you be able to see if you can edit under your current usergroup?

PS. to answer your question - no, I am having trouble with all of the forums - the edit button disappeared immediately after I upgraded. I'm stumped..
Taking a look at the source of that page, it seems like something in the postbit is using "postbit_moderator_edit" which is not a default MyBB template. Are you using any plugins/modifications that would have added that?

Edit: I guess that would be the Mod Notice modification.

Edit 2: You should reapply the modifications for Mod Notice if you haven't already

Edit 3: Is the Mod Notice plugin deactivated or activated right now?
Yes, I think it could be the Mod Notice plugin - how do I apply the modifications - do I run a query?

For example, do I paste this into my phpadmin query box?:

Quote:ALTER TABLE mybb_posts DROP modnotice ,DROP modedituid ,DROP modedittime

Just to clarify, I have been using Mod notice without any problems for months.

Edit: Right now the Mod notice is still active - because it wont allow me to deactivate it - when I try to deactivate it, it brings up a white screen with the above mentioned SQL error.
You should contact the author of that plugin, because I'm pretty certain that's what the problem is. I'm not familiar with the plugin, so I can't really help you there. Confused
Funny, we have found that plug ins are a pain even on vB forums, many times it is better to wait until the script adds a new feature versus running a lot of third party plug ins.