MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install error - inc/config.php not writable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the files to my desktop, and uploaded them to my site. My site has a MySQL database ready to go but I get the following error when I try to install the board:

Before you can install MyBB, we must check that you meet the minimum requirements for installation.

PHP Version: 4.3.11

REQUIREMENTS CHECK FAILED
We cannot proceed to install MyBB because you did not pass the minimum requirements to install MyBB outlined below:

The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

Anyone able to help me adjust these chmod permissions?
with in your ftp right click on the settings.php and select CHMOD option and set CHMOD 777
Also if you have cPanel you can do it from the file manager. Make your way into the inc folder. Click on config.php and look to the right, you'll see Change Permission, click that. Make sure all the boxes are checked, after you have checked all the boxes click the Change button. You need to do the samething for settings.php.

Marc