MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: One of my friends told me that MyBB could be hacked easily and passed me this link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi
One of my friends told me that MyBB could be hacked easily and passed me this link:
http://www.secnull.org/files/exploits/11...2_mybb.txt
Please advice what can I do?
I really do want to feel safe.
Thanks
That was an exploit found in an older version of MyBB. If you update your forums when the new versions come out, you should be fine.
That was almost 2 years ago. Toungue
MyBB can not be easily hacked.
Your friend is wrong and should check his facts before he makes a bad rep of people's hard work Smile
Wow, MyBB 1.1.3... that's... old Toungue

If you keep your forum up to date, it can not be hacked easily. If you use an old version which has a known (and patched) exploit, then that's your choice.
Thanks guys for let me feel comfort and secure
MrDoom Wrote:Wow, MyBB 1.1.3... that's... old Toungue

If you keep your forum up to date, it can not be hacked easily. If you use an old version which has a known (and patched) exploit, then that's your choice.

Doesn't really seem that long ago O.o As in wow, time flies Smile
But
Please let me ask ... is it really hard to be hacked?
Or it is easy to be hacked?
I mean any forum software could be hacked?
MGadAllah Wrote:But
Please let me ask ... is it really hard to be hacked?
Or it is easy to be hacked?
I mean any forum software could be hacked?

If you keep your forum software up-to-date (and all the other software on your server) the chances of being hacked are close to 'nill. But yes, there is always an unfortunately possibility which is why we have a backup feature in the MyBB ACP.
I am updating to latest software release as soon as it out
Pages: 1 2 3