MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spell - Checker for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(you can give a rep each post ya know? Wink )

Anyway, what I'll do is download the latest release once you package it, change it and add the new feature I was talking about, and then send it to you. Saves you sending the password. So just waiting now.
It'll have to be tomorrow, as the scripts need to be tagged and some reference made to some sort of install procedures. So you'll have to be patient til then.

I've written down that the email_user also has to have a 'name' put in..

That will always be an obstacle... is it possible to include a name="input" in Gold... without it actually being used, as it would be nice just to have it there to make it easier.

You've been a great help.. I'll pack it first thing and make it available only to you at this stage, and will PM you the filename for download, as it's not much point in distributing it as is, if it's going to be modded again so soon...

See you tomorrow. Wink
Right. I just added name="input" to the templates for myBB Gold. I hope that helps you Smile
Wow!!... Mod's to Gold already... Big Grin

Quick Question ?

Is there any point in involving javascript in what can be done in pure php.. I am aware there can be Javascript Violations, and SpellingCow is designed to avoid that.

The mods are easy, and I think... (Without re-checking at the moment) the only one different is PM-Spellcheck name="??????"

It's taken a while to sort out, but install should be less than three minutes..

Is there any value in making it more complicated / or would it be 'less' complicated with javascript ??? because those without Mod's can just cut&paste the whole script to the individual Templates.

I don't know 'Young Fella' I'm out of my depth here, But if it was MS-DOS I'd know a lot more......... Big Grin Big Grin Toungue
Hmm. Like I said, I havn't looked at the code or install instructions yet so what Ive been talking about may not be needed at all. Chances are JS isn't needed, but its still better to find out! Let me know when you have the file ready for download so I can check.
The Full-Lite application has been finalised and documented for installation for New-Reply, New-Thread, PM, and Email Spell-Checking.

I'll PM you the URL very shortly so that you can have a run with it, read the Doc's and let me know what you think.. If it needs changing or javascript-coupling, we'll do that and then release it..

So stand by PEOPLE and you should have a Fully Functional spell-checker for MyBB very shortly.

Toungue
I'm still working on this People.. After a few suggestions from your regular MOD makers here, and fully integrating it into MyBB while at the same time conforming with the requests of the Copywrite holders...

It's taking some time as MyBB coding is a 'little' different.. and this MOD has to be modified to fit...

Here's a pic of what it is looking like,

http://ozidownunder.com/downloads/a1.jpg

It's nearly finished and then the docs will have to be re-written.

And you can help by BETA testing it at http://ozidownunder.com/test-forums

Do yourselves a favour, sign in and see if you can 'break' it, before you install it on your own forums, and then find bugs with it....

Send me some Email.... Pm's, Let's test this MOD before it is released......... Wink
Wink

The New Release of Spelling Cow for MyBB-4 can be found here...

http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...8#pid16888 Toungue

Enjoy!
Excellent news. Im closing this thread so people dont post here anymore. Will help you keep track of stuff hopefully.
Pages: 1 2