MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can not upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

I tried upgrading and killed my site.

I got this error

Warning: main(/home/catwee/public_html/forum/inc/db_.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/catwee/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 25

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/catwee/public_html/forum/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/catwee/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 25

I can run the standard install index file but the upgrade file just isnt doing it for me.

Can any one help. I was using Smart FTP to upload. Followed the instructions. This happened to me when we had to do this type of upgrade last time. In the end I had to do a full install
Are you sure you uploaded all the modified files since your previous version?
When you upgrade, you need to retain inc/config.php and inc/settings.php from your previous MyBB. If you still have them, please reupload them. Otherwise, you will need to recreate your inc/config.php. Take a look at this as a reference: [wiki]inc/config.php[/wiki]
Thanks. Seems that copy and paste is not something that I am any good at. Thanks for the help

I'm such a noob

I will go shot myself