MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb convert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all I have to say that Im very impressed with mybb so far. Ive been using phpbb and smf for the last copple of years and mybb is a real relief so far when it comes to the look and the admin.

So I decided to merge my phpbb forum with 295 members and over 23.000 posts to mybb. I used the merge system in the downloads section. Everything works ok, posts/topics etc. got completely merged. Only thing is the users. For some reason it does not get beyond 72 users.
The actual users convert says it is merging 295 users but in the end it are only 72 members.

[attachment=8227]

I have no clue why the other members don't get merged. I thought about spaces in their names, or some other reason but it seems rather randomly.

Here's a topic view:
http://hnkf.org/fora/forumdisplay.php?fid=74

Persons in black are not merged.
A lot of users seem to be merged with other accounts. I suspect many of those user accounts were already on your MyBB forum when you ran the merge system. Technically only 75 users get "imported" but the rest are merged with accounts already on your forum. Is that correct? Were there already members on your previous board?
Let's see what i did.

1. I installed mybb
2. I copied the phpbb tables to the mybb database by using phpmyadmin > operations (just in case something goes wrong the original forum stays alive)
3. I used the merge system on the fresh installed mybb (only admin user)
4. It got merged but it only merged 72 users
5. I merged again (just to check if it would work now but it only recopies the posts etc. to the board).

So there where no accounts yet in mybb (people in black with no link to their profile didn't get merged/imported)

I could try it again tonight with a new fresh install and make a screencast of it so that you maybe can see where it goes wrong?
Can you allow me to run tests myself? I'll need FTP / phpMyAdmin information in a PM and permission to reinstall your MyBB Board to a fresh installation
I believe I've fixed your issue here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid181007
Thanks a lot! MyBB and their support rocks!

There are only 8 members missing but from what I can see those are far from regular users, so that's ok :p