MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email not sending from board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK feel free to move to bug reports if it is indeed a bug.

I am posting here first to see if there are any known bugs in the email a user system of the software.

It could very well be my host but I need to search all areas.

I had a problem with my server sending email from my contact form. This issue is resolved. But I cannot seem to get email from the board through the traditional methonds:

Click user name and select send email

This was not working at the same time I reported the problem with my contact page. Stupid me didn't check the forums once this was fixed.

Anyway, I just installed a webring script which uses the same db as the forums and no one is getting activation emails, including me. Which renders the script useless when people click the random or next button.

So, here I am checking to see if everyone with the latest version of mybb is getting emails from their boards or if it's just me.

If it's me, off I go to the server to resolve this.
Quote:500 Error - Internal Server Error
This error was caused due to an unexpected difficulty in fulfilling the user request. The most likely cause of this error is a crashed or error'd CGI script or program. Please verify that the program is properly compiled and/or operational and carry out any necessary debugging.
If you are not responsible for this resource, please send a bug-report to the address listed below describing your problem. Please include in the report the date, time, your e-mail address, the website on which this error occured and what you were attempting to do when this error occured. Your compliance is appreciated.

Ok while working within the rings admin area I got this when I tried to activate an account manually.

Does anyone know if this is server related or script related?
Oh and I am on hold with the server right now too.
500 Error - Internal Server Error 
Speaks for itself though?
Yes it does and moreso for those who absolutely know about servers and the errors they show. I'm not one of them.

Regardless, by posting this here I can now safely say it's 100% them and they can't give me grief to bother mybb about it.

CYA is a good rule to follow Smile

They are on it now. Thanks for the confirmation!
Just so everyone who doesn't know this is a combo bb and host problem.
NOT MYBB but a bulletin board / forum issue in general.

Part of the above was my fault, I missed one tiny bit in the ringmaker script that needed to be changed before uploading files. They got that for me but the board still wasn't sending email.

We set up a temp acct on yahoo and the board email is sending properly.

What was happening is that it is Comcast. My ISP is comcast and hence my board was set up to use my OE for now until the host sets up the new email system there. (I didnt' bother to set it up till they change over to the new one in two weeks.)

Anyway, Comcast has a block on most bb systems as spam. So anyone who has members using Comcast and have complained of not getting email please have them call Comcast and tell them to allow email from your server and give them the server name. Or if you don't want to give that info out, you call them.

Today I battle with Comcast as I couldn't get them on the phone yesterday.
Hopefully I won't get too much of a runaround with this. I will update if they give me any useful information that can help you expedite this sort of situation.
For future reference, a "500 Internal Server Error" is quite a vague error. To get more information, you may want to check out your server error log if you have access to it. Sometimes it may be in your host's control panel, or in your FTP account in a folder called /logs/. However, not all hosts offer this log Sad