MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: attachments and security
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again everybody...hope y'all doing well.

People who want to use attachments on my board are afraid about the security of those attachments (and possible viruses) and downloading them to their computers. Does mybb have a security feature to check attachments? is that something my hosting provider would do ? If you know please tell me.

Thanks a lot..
Cheers
basically what i want to know is if there's a way to automatically check attachments that people leave or send ?
In terms of viruses, you really can't make much of a PHP virus scanner.

In other words, it's impossible for MyBB to do it. You'd have to integrate something of your own if you wanted automatic virus scanning of attachments.

Still, it's up to you if you actually trust virus scanners - I don't, as it's quite easy to get viruses past a scanner.
i saw in the description of a server(i am not remembering the name)that it have antivirus in all the servers they have and they are scanning all the files.or this or suggest them an antivirus. internet is dangerous.life is dangerous..you don't risk,you don't win..this is life!