MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: where do forum posts/attachments get saved ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When people start using the forum then where do posts get saved?

SO after a while of the forum running (months or years), do I have to do anything like save stuff ?

What should I be keeping my eye out for as the forum runs?

thanks a lot

cheers
Posts are stored in your DB; you could take a backup every week of the posts/threads table or your whole forum just to be save.
LeX- Wrote:Posts are stored in your DB; you could take a backup every week of the posts/threads table or your whole forum just to be save.

does the back up also get saved in the data base?
Wouldn't the database eventually get filled and then what?
whats the table?

Thanks
BackUp: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Admin...p_Database

Aint that the purpose of a DB ? To get filled with info ... =/
How else would you store the posts/threads/users ? And pls don't say textfiles.
And what table?
LeX- Wrote:BackUp: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Admin...p_Database

Aint that the purpose of a DB ? To get filled with info ... =/
How else would you store the posts/threads/users ? And pls don't say textfiles.
And what table?

Wink you said something about tables in you message above? Just wondering if there is a capacity limit to a data base or not?
Maybe there is a tutorial on managing a mybb forum. you know, things an administrator should be doing? Smile
why would you want to limit your database, storage and bandwith cost nothing these days. regards to the attachments they can be easily accessed via ftp using dreamweaver or something like that.
I am trying to locate the folder on ftp and also on Plesk to see where the attachments of the post are saved but I have no idea where they are saved and under which folder does any one has idea where MY BB stores the attachments.

Please help I need to take back up of attachments.
Any one with any idea?
The attachments are stored in the /uploads/ directory in the MyBB folder.

The database backups you create in the Admin CP are stored (if desired) in /admin/backups/