MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do i get my forum on google?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i get my forum on google?
Go to your control panel here and add a link to your forum in your signature.
what he said, for your site to be indexed by google it must have at least 1 link from a site thats already indexed by google and so on back up the link chain, site by site till you end up at the thorn in my lime - DMOZ, Googles directory, from here the spider starts and goes out into millions of threads, each one relaying its findings to the big brain in the middle.
Note that it may take some time for your forum to get indexed by search engines (even if you see them browsing your forums you may not be indexed for some time, at least with my personal experience this is true).
well It's true!
but with my case! nothing was like this! my forum was an active forum! with almost 2 members online 12+ Hours in one day! and we got indexed automatically! Toungue

FAISAL!
http://www.google.com/addurl/

I just found out that the link above allows you to get your forum url into google.
Google doesn't automatically take every url from that list and add it though. It usually needs a link as well, so it knows that people aren't just putting random urls in.
Every one tolled me that Google doesn't look at meta tags in the <head>. Well I hate to say it but I wasn't properly indexed in Google until I add meta tags. Originally I submitted my URL to Google with the URL you found rcw.
Google looks at meta tags but doesn't discriminate over websites that don't have them. My site didn't have meta tags until last week and it's been in the Google database for years.

No doubt putting the meta tags in and getting added was just a coincidence in your case.

Be wary with meta tags though. If you are using keywords, keep it to 10 max. Anything over and search engines really do start discriminating, as they assume you are just trying to get into searches that have nothing to do with your site.
Thanks. This worked for me.