MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Forums permissions not merged?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running a modified phpBB2 (actually phpbb2 fully modded).

I did a conversion to mybb but found that forums permissions were not brought over. That means that even unregistered visitors can view forums that are marked private.

Since I'm in the testing state, that's not too bad, however I would really like to bring everything over as secure as possible from the old system.

I get somewhere in the region of 500,000 to 750,000 hits on my forum per month, when searching on Google using two keywords, my site comes up 3rd out of over one million hits, so your software is going to get some exposure when (if) I convert over, so to me, the conversion process must be as automatic as possible.

Regards
Nigel
Of course, the speed at which I get a response from the developers will also determine if I will use mybb. If I have a problem, I don't want to be waiting a week for a fix. I've not made a final decision on swapping over yet..so win me over.
Can you please open up convert/index.php and change the following code from:

define("WRITE_LOGS", 0);

to

define("WRITE_LOGS", 1);

After you do that, run the conversion and send me the link (in PM) to your convert/logs/ directory so I can examine what exactly went wrong.

Ryan
Thanks for the response. It takes a couple of hours to convert the board since I have over 100,000 postings in just one forum. I'm going to PM you the link right now.
In reference to "Wrong post count" PM, see attached file.
This bug has been fixed in the latest version of the MyBB Merge System.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update for the MyBB Merge System will be released which contains this fix.
This should fix your issues. Overwrite the file in your convert/boards/ directory

Note: You should run a fresh install of MyBB before reconverting your phpBB board with this updated module
I'll give it a try, thanks.

I very much appreciate the fast turn around.
Thanks,
Nigel
there is a mistake in the new phpbb2.php file by the way, PUNBB should be PHPBB I suppose? at least I changed it and it works Smile

MySQL error: 1146
Table 'hnkforg_php.PUNBB_TABLE_PREFIXauth_access' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT * FROM PUNBB_TABLE_PREFIXauth_access LIMIT 0, 100
I already fixed that.