MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to make less the memory limt of SQL~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI!
well i wanted to know how to remove/make less! the memory of MYSQL~
as currently my SQL limit is 16 MB! and just at this time my site have 4+MB limit! so i wanted to know if it reach to the limit that would be 16MB so what will happen??

and is there is any way if the memory come to 16MB i can restart it to 1 MB or some thing like this!

FAISAL!
Do you have any plugins installed? Any other modifications to your MyBB forum?
well!
yup i have alot of plugins installed LOL!~
but my main question was that if the members are more suppose 20+ members online at a time! so will it effect on memory>>>??

if yes then in 16 mb it can take how many members??

FAISAL!
As a general rule of thumb, anything you add to your forum, plugin-wise, will add to the server load and memory used by the forum when it becomes active.

Actual memory usage depends on what the plugin's are doing, how well they are written, if you've enabled MemCache on your server and a various number of other things.

If you're on a shared hosting server, you're not going to have much control over anything. You'll be able to modify MyBB, however, that's just about it unless your web hosting provider will assist you.

As for how much memory 20+ members online will take, again, it really depends on what they are doing and how well your server is optimized. It also depends on if you've optimized MyBB as much as possible and how well written the plugins you're using are.
well!
thanks for such a big answer!
i wasn't expecting that LOL!
well! i have noticed on my forum 11 members were online and only 2 MB memory were in use! and on one day i was the only person who was online and 4+MB memory was used! well it's quite confusing!

how ever!
i wanted to know when no one is online on forum the memory get automatically pruned as the RAM memory of computers?

FAISAL!
The reason for the memory difference could be that while there are 11 members online, few to none of them could be doing anything more than reading which isn't going to really increase memory usage or add to the server load.

While you were online, as the administrator, you were probably working, browsing and posting, which is why the memory usage was a bit higher than that of your members.

As for memory, RAM is accessed randomly when needed. When a process is done doing what it needs to do, if the process is stored to RAM, it is then released. When the process is started again, it is stored to memory for its then current use.

It is possible to use RAM when doing nothing and use very little when doing multiple tasks. If you're on a shared server, it doesn't just depend on you, it depends on what others are doing on the server as well.