MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Coder Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there MyBB users,

After a long time being far away, im back now ! Big Grin

Allright lets get to the point,

I created a serval PSD's for MyBB but dont have the knowledge to code them. The coder will be rewarded with money, domains or hosting or whatever he likes Toungue

PM me with your portfolio (this is a need, because this wont be just css changes) and what you want for it in return, also drop an email/msn adres so i can contact you.

Regards,

Robert
It would be helpful if you gave a description of what you're looking for.

For example, you don't "code PSDs", a PSD is just a Photoshop Document, for storing image data.
Coding PSD to MyBB, its like i design the forum and needs to be itegrated into MyBB.

Image -> Forum

But a coder should know this part Wink

Regards,

Robert
I gather that he has created MyBB themes in the form of PSD's, and is wanting a coder to code them into MyBB themes for MyBB. Wink
RobertProductions Wrote:Coding PSD to MyBB, its like i design the forum and needs to be itegrated into MyBB.

Image -> Forum

But a coder should know this part Wink

Regards,

Robert
If you have some PSDs, you'll need to export them from Photoshop (or some other image application) to a more standard format like GIF, JPEG or PNG.
After that, to make a theme, you can specify the location of the image file in the MyBB theme editor. You may also be interested in changing some CSS properties as well.

I can assure you, however, no programming whatsoever, needs to be done.
I don't think you understand Zinga. I believe he has the site layout in a PSD and wants someone to "code" the html and css for the forum. So yes, he will need someone who knows how to create MyBB templates / themes to match his design.
No coding may not need to be done but from the sounds of it a lot of template files will need to be edited and maybe a few custom mods or something. But I think you know what he means Zinga BuRga. He wants someone to slice it and put it together to be used on MyBB.

Ah DrPoodle beat me.
DrPoodle Wrote:I don't think you understand Zinga. I believe he has the site layout in a PSD and wants someone to "code" the html and css for the forum. So yes, he will need someone who knows how to create MyBB templates / themes to match his design.
Ahh I see.
Though generally, you wouldn't draw up a site design in Photoshop... I thought Photoshop was more geared towards image design, rather than website designs...

Would probably suggest using something like Dreamweaver at least.
Well, I've had a few clients who like to draw what they want their site to look like in Photoshop first, then send it over to me. It's certainly easier than coding a site you think they would like, only to find out they want a load of thing changed Toungue
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:I don't think you understand Zinga. I believe he has the site layout in a PSD and wants someone to "code" the html and css for the forum. So yes, he will need someone who knows how to create MyBB templates / themes to match his design.
Ahh I see.
Though generally, you wouldn't draw up a site design in Photoshop... I thought Photoshop was more geared towards image design, rather than website designs...

Would probably suggest using something like Dreamweaver at least.

Well Photoshop is the standard for images in many fields including web design although it has a fellow standard with Dreamweaver. Photoshop has had webdesign features for awhile now it actually will put out html if you choose with a sliced image.Wink
Pages: 1 2