MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PLEASE REPLY!!!! - board settings problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok when I go into the board settings, every setting appears 3 times and has no effect when I change it....why!?
There may be something wrong with your PC!
Maybe...but what....I know this didn't happen when I installed mybb before, on another host, and when I tried this host, it's different....need/....help..
Firstly, are you settings.php CHMOD correctly?
[wiki]CHMOD Files[/wiki]
It's at 777 as far as I can see....let me check again....
EDIT: It's at 666, supposed to be that right?
I personally think MyBB should make the name field in the mybb_settings table a UNIQUE KEY. Although settings are primarily loaded from inc/settings.php, the UNIQUE KEY will guarantee no duplicates.

Oh, sorry, not sure if the issue here is duplicate settings though. It's entirely possible however, though unlikely.
Alpha Wrote:It's at 777 as far as I can see....let me check again....
EDIT: It's at 666, supposed to be that right?
666 is right. Try deleting /inc/settings.php and see if it works.
Ok well....I tried to attach a pic but with 2.3 mb it was too big...its like this:

Board Online/Offline -2 settings -Modify Settings-Go
General Configuration -15 settings -Modify Settings -Go
Server and optimization options - ### (3 times too) and on and on...only a few appear once only.

Edit: Delete inc/settings.php? Wouldn't that get rid of it? or what...

Edit 2: Now I see my name appears twice in admin permissions now....

Edit 3: So what should I do.....O.O

EDIT 4: OK I noticed on the file owner part it says my name twice : Alpha Alpha for everything, is this normal or not? If not how do I fix it?
here is a trick I used before.. 1st we want to know which one of the 3 duplicated setting are the right one.. try to close your forum using one by one in your 3 Board Online/Offline settings..
thene you will know which one your are.. then delete the other 2 duplicated settings...
and apply it for all of the setting.. the way I knew for now
But there HAS to be some way to actually fix it....but i'll try it...would it be the same for all?
The /inc/settings.php is automatically regenerated if you delete it. If you're still getting duplicates after deleting the file, it's because there's duplicate entries in the DB.

If so, run the following two queries just to be sure:
SELECT name, COUNT(*) AS numcopies FROM mybb_settings GROUP BY name LIMIT 30
SELECT name, COUNT(*) AS numcopies FROM mybb_settingsgroups GROUP BY name LIMIT 30
If you see "3" in every entry for numcopies in the above two queries, there's duplicate settings in the DB.
If so, just tell me.

Alpha Wrote:Ok well....I tried to attach a pic but with 2.3 mb it was too big...its like this:
Save it as a JPEG Toungue

Actually, scrap what I said above. If you're getting duplicate entries for many things, something has seriously messed up in the install. I'd recommend trying a reinstall. Make sure you delete/drop all tables beforehand, and delete the /inc/settings.php file.
Pages: 1 2