MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Problem with the UTF Code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Tikki,
ich love this new tool - it allows me to merge all my forums together so that we can build a large one Smile

I try it but it produce one big mistake. I am nearly sure that this is the only mistake.

I install a new 1.210 mybb in german, chose to install with utf8.
Than i imported my 1.29 forum (german) which is always in utf8. All is going fantatstic. After the merge is over i look at my new merge forum and i see that all the germans sign such as "ä,ö,ü?" are faulty. Sad

The same mistake is with older forums like 1.23 and so on
you can see the merged forum at www.fun-and-joy-company.de

so did i have to update every forum (i have some in 1.23 because i beware of the utf converting, because i have on large one which has the same faults after the utf converting (giving the converter some tries with new forums , but don´t work right - talk a long time with Michael about it but nobody knows a solution - so we decide to edit 20.000 post by hand)

i hope i don´t have to update the frums and all this comes with the merging

I really want to merge my forums but i can´t if there are always the problems with the utf 8 code

but let me say - you make a very good job, until this system ist working right mybb will boost like no other forums system
The merge system can't be used for MyBB 1.2.9.
??????
But all is ok - only the UTF Code for german letter is wrong - and i thought you wrote that :

This release of the MyBB Merge System will allow you to merge the following bulletin boards in to MyBB: MyBB 1.2 (Being able to merge MyBB 1.2 forums into other MyBB 1.2 forums)

so i have to do all the updates before i merge systems together ?
but i am worry about the updates because every time the utf convert results in a fault
so im still in version 1.23 in some forums
My mistake then. MyBB 1.2.10 forums into other MyBB 1.2.10 forums.