MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there any way to...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Make it so that a styleswitcher on a MyBB forum corresponds with a styleswitcher on a website?

For example, let's say a site has three options for styles, red, green, and blue. Then the forum has three themes, also red, green and blue. If someone changes their style to green on the main site, then on the forum their style automatically changes to green too.

Is there any way to do that with MyBB? I've seen it done with IPB and vBulliten forums, so there should be some way to do it with MyBB too.
The external script would have to link into MyBB's theme system, or vice versa.

If the other script was designed for MyBB, it should automatically follow the theme settings of your board.
Do you know where I could find a script like that?
There isn't one available at this point, I believe.
AgentChronon Wrote:Do you know where I could find a script like that?
You'd have to write your own, since the two scripts obviously need to be able to communicate to each other.
The ones for the other boards are probably specifically designed to do so.

BTW, what's the other script you're talking about?
Ah, that's too bad. Sad

Someone should make one sometime.
Make one for what?

You still haven't mentioned what script you're talking about.... >_>
Wait, what do you mean what script I'm talking about? I never mentioned any other script beside the one that this thread is about.
AgentChronon Wrote:Make it so that a styleswitcher on a MyBB forum corresponds with a styleswitcher on a website?
The "website" part.

If there's no script behind it, it's unlikely that your website would have a style switcher either.