MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!

1st time: sorry my bad english

2th time: if i attachment 1 file (7z, rar, zip or another compressed file) than i want download, and open. i open this file, and i see this messages in winrar: sorry, file is not complete, or danger.

can any help me?

i use 1.2.10

i hope, that you understand my problem

bye
This would most likely be a transfer error.

Try re-downloading the file again, and see if you get the same issue. If so, see if you can download it directly from the uploads folder, then remove the .attach file extension and rename it to rar/7z/zip/whatever and see if it works.
thanks!

I know download from uploads folder. but my member can not download Sad
any idea?
Have you tried reuploading the file?
yes i tried it. but not works Sad
akee Wrote:I know download from uploads folder. but my member can not download Sad
Does the file work if you download it from the attachments folder?

It's unlikely MyBB is at fault here - the code to send the attachment is fairly basic and basically can't go wrong:
echo file_get_contents($mybb->settings['uploadspath']."/".$attachment['attachname']);
(not the best method, but probably the simplest)

If you uploaded a corrupt file, well, it's only gonna spit back a corrupt file. Or if the file becomes corrupt during upload, or somehow on your server (ie, your host blocks it), then it's obviously not going to work either.
It could also be a fault during the transfer of the download, however, since it seems like you've tried multiple times, this is unlikely to be the case.
yes, if i download from attachmed folder is worked!
If so, then it would either be an issue with your host, PHP setup, the transfer, or your browser not properly respecting the request.

As stated above, MyBB cannot be at fault, since all it does is bounce the contents of the file to the user.
News!

if i delete .rar, .zip, .7z etc filetype, i can good download. if i write .rar, .zip, .7z etc filetype, can i not good download Sad
Pages: 1 2