MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.10 Security Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Please discuss MyBB 1.2.10 Security Update here.
thanks for the quick fix Smile
MyBB 1.2.10? Not 1.2.11?
I am confused.
thanks Chris Boulton and pepotiger Smile
Thanks.
@Sebastian1990 there is no mybb 1.2.11 Big Grin
it's quick fix for mybb 1.2.10
@roy no problem..
but thanks most givin to Xlissa he is the 1st one report it to my arabian support forum Smile
I had 4 sites hacked so far that I have found. The hacker at mybbcentral changed templates in the database a couple days ago. Today however I woke up to find another site defaced. This time he edited config.php to deface the site. So if you are hacked by "Wizardz-ma" hopefully this information will help you fix it. Simply delete his code from your config.php. You may also want to alter config.php from chmod 666 to chmod 644 in case it's still 666 from install. I should have known better but oh well...no harm no foul.
Is that how he did it, Labrocca? Through an avatar upload? Jeesh! I've updated my site. At least this was a quick and easy fix.
Not sure...just found another site hacked that wasn't mybb related at all on my Servage hosting account. I have a lot of sites on it so I need to check them all. Sadly Servage has no raw logs to view and track down my problems. Oh well...

I already moved mybbcentral off Servage so any future attacks can be viewed. I have backups of everything so I ain't afraid of hackers....I also have redundant hosts so it's easy enough to move my sites to safer hosts.
Well, I'm so glad that he is just wasting his pitiful time hacking you then! LOL...I need to get better with backups. Too bad that we can't set up automatic backups.
Pages: 1 2 3 4