MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need help with navigation of the Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A bit of background: I have recently become an Site Admin on a MyBB site. I am very new to computers and have no experience using the Admin CP. The problem that I seem to be coming up against is that the site owner and other Site Admin is Swedish and I seem to be unable to explain to her that the panel is NOT showing me the things she thinks it is. I've searched everywhere for a comprehensive tutorial on using the Admin CP, but can't find anything that gives detailed instructions on all of the functions. I think there is something that she needs to do that hasn't been done, but I don't know what it would be. I can log into the Admin CP, but I get a message on EVERY link that says "Access Denied-You do not have permission to access this part of the Admin Control Panel". She keeps telling me to approve downloads to the site, but I CAN'T DO ANYTHING! Is there a tutorial or does anyone have any idea how to get past this communication problem?
I'm assuming she needs to set your Administrator permissions.
Tell her to do this:
Admin CP --> Users and Groups --> Admin Permissions --> *Find your username and click [set] or [edit]* --> Can Moderate Posts/Threads/Attachments

I'm assuming that's what needs to be done.
notaclue Wrote:A bit of background: I have recently become an Site Admin on a MyBB site. I am very new to computers and have no experience using the Admin CP. The problem that I seem to be coming up against is that the site owner and other Site Admin is Swedish and I seem to be unable to explain to her that the panel is NOT showing me the things she thinks it is. I've searched everywhere for a comprehensive tutorial on using the Admin CP, but can't find anything that gives detailed instructions on all of the functions. I think there is something that she needs to do that hasn't been done, but I don't know what it would be. I can log into the Admin CP, but I get a message on EVERY link that says "Access Denied-You do not have permission to access this part of the Admin Control Panel". She keeps telling me to approve downloads to the site, but I CAN'T DO ANYTHING! Is there a tutorial or does anyone have any idea how to get past this communication problem?

Welcome to mybb. Have a look here

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Admin_CP