MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subscription Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to Subscribe to a whole forum instead of just a post?

[Image: mybboh3.png]

Example: In the Announcements forum. I want to get email updates from everything posted in that forum instead of just one post.
http://community.mybboard.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2
Find the text "Subscribe to this forum" towards the upper right of the thread listings. Smile

Alternatively, just click this link if you wish to subscribe to that forum:
http://community.mybboard.net/usercp2.ph...orum&fid=2
rh1n0,

Thanks so much. As long as I have been using MyBB and I never noticed it. How dare I! Now I feel like I don't know anything... Thanks for your help. Happy New Year.
You're more than welcome. I use it on almost every forum here at MyBB myself. Big Grin
Couldn't go without it.

Happy new year to you too.
Best of luck with your community.
I just can't believe I missed that feature. Thanks again!
Yes, but that only sends you an e-mail when someone starts a new thread.
What about responses to existing threads? And yes, I know you can subscribe to threads too, but who's going to remember to do that every time?
There is no way to do what you're asking without subscribing to threads.

Unless someone would like to make a plugin for it.
Thanks for the speedy response.

I just discovered the 'Auto subscribe to threads you post in' on the User CP. That will go a long way to stop some of the whining from my users. Subscribe the forum, get notified of new threads.
Respond to any of those, and voila, you get notified of responses.

[rant]
Secretly I'm hoping that they will all be spammed to death and realize that remembering to log in once a day is far more effective than being shackled to your Inbox every minute of the day.

Sadly, I know that this won't happen and they'll just bug me more about the other feature they all want... the daily/weekly digest.

If they wanted something that works like Google/Yahoo groups or WSS, why the hell did they ask me to find something better than those?!
[/rant]
denderick Wrote:Thanks for the speedy response.

I just discovered the 'Auto subscribe to threads you post in' on the User CP. That will go a long way to stop some of the whining from my users. Subscribe the forum, get notified of new threads.
Respond to any of those, and voila, you get notified of responses.

[rant]
Secretly I'm hoping that they will all be spammed to death and realize that remembering to log in once a day is far more effective than being shackled to your Inbox every minute of the day.

Sadly, I know that this won't happen and they'll just bug me more about the other feature they all want... the daily/weekly digest.

If they wanted something that works like Google/Yahoo groups or WSS, why the hell did they ask me to find something better than those?!
[/rant]
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that feature though I use it on these forums and other forums I post on.
I don't find it annoying, though it can be a bit much if you have two or more days away from your inbox.. I just tend to check the important ones and then mark the others as read and archive. Smile
That would drive me mad, the messages I get from Assembla are bad enough.

I have it set to send me message for every ticket change and commit that is made, the problem is that it's a little dumb about it.

Someone makes a ticket, this ticket is not assigned to me and it is not left open for someone to claim yet I still get an email informing me of it - it's not my ticket, therefore it's not my problem Toungue

Likewise, I make a commit to the repository, I then get an email telling me I made a commit to the repository. Seriously, I don't need to know that, I only need to know when someone else makes a commit to the repository.

Hmm, that reminds me. I need to file my developers report for the day.
Pages: 1 2