MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Zune on linux, real or fake?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.zune-online.com/news/zune/tak...-zune.html

Well, I think it's a fake, just someone trying to get attention. In order to load the firmware on the Zune, it has to be signed with a Microsoft verisign key, which would make it pretty difficult to load something else.
You could just overwrite the firmware with the new Linux firmware and no verisign key would be needed...I don't see how it would be difficult.
Considering you can install Linux on XBOX's and XBOX 360's, I would hardly be surprised by this.
MrDoom Wrote:Considering you can install Linux on XBOX's and XBOX 360's, I would hardly be surprised by this.

And also PS, PS2 , PS3 and Wii Toungue. Yea it shouldn't be hard replacing it with a linux firmware
Well, from this, it doesn't seem that easy:

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topi...1#msg60071
Did you even read that post? It said that the Xbox 360 had been cracked so theoretically it is possible to crack the Zune.
And, that it would be illegal to display the key also...

Anyway, it seems rather complicated, and the default firmware is fine.
Cool_Guy Wrote:And, that it would be illegal to display the key also...

The Default firmware sucks. It needs linux Toungue It's begging for linux. I tell you your Zune is sitting there wanting linux so all of its features and more just work!
Cool_Guy Wrote:And, that it would be illegal to display the key also...

It was illegal to display the 32 bit string that cracked HD-DVD formats, but that didn't stop it getting in every single article on the Digg homepage did it?

As we have pointed out, the current firmware does not support Linux so it is by no means "fine".
By the way, "True" or "Fake" is not a like for like pair. Either "True" or "False", or "Real" or "Fake".
Pages: 1 2