MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i have made some corrections,how about...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have made some corrections though i am still working on a new logo.how about this new colour and the way the site is arranged?check it out www.joscityweb.com
I don't really like it (yet). What's with the white thead color?
And the blue is waay to bright.
Wow. That colour... It's something else.
Your current choice of colors assaults the human eye, and causes eye strain from trying to look at it. That makes it an unpleasant experience to visit your site, right off the bat, and as the axiom states, first impressions are often the most important.

The brash glare of the bright cyan color aside, overall, your choice of colors for other areas and for text instances just do not strike a positive chord. They do not mesh well. Rather, they clash with the eye as one tries to view your site and to absorb the content displayed on it.

Interestingly enough, the colors chosen do have a decent amount of contrast with one another, but from an aesthetics standpoint and all things considered, it is a horrible combination of colors.

I would suggest that if you want a very colorful theme, then try to understand that more color is not necessarily better. Use color selectively, rather than with a such a broad brush effect. You use color to the point of over-saturation. In a nutshell, if your color combination hurts the eyes to look at it, then common sense dictates that people will not frequent your site as much as they otherwise might.

If you want to inject lots of color, then be prepared to inject lots of white as a background, to act as a visual balance to counteract the impact that large doses of color make on the eye that encounters them.

If I had to sum up your color combination in just one word, then that word would be: Terrible!
GrimFinger Wrote:Your current choice of colors assaults the human eye, and causes eye strain from trying to look at it. That makes it an unpleasant experience to visit your site, right off the bat, and as the axiom states, first impressions are often the most important.

The brash glare of the bright cyan color aside, overall, your choice of colors for other areas and for text instances just do not strike a positive chord. They do not mesh well. Rather, they clash with the eye as one tries to view your site and to absorb the content displayed on it.

Interestingly enough, the colors chosen do have a decent amount of contrast with one another, but from an aesthetics standpoint and all things considered, it is a horrible combination of colors.

I would suggest that if you want a very colorful theme, then try to understand that more color is not necessarily better. Use color selectively, rather than with a such a broad brush effect. You use color to the point of over-saturation. In a nutshell, if your color combination hurts the eyes to look at it, then common sense dictates that people will not frequent your site as much as they otherwise might.

If you want to inject lots of color, then be prepared to inject lots of white as a background, to act as a visual balance to counteract the impact that large doses of color make on the eye that encounters them.

If I had to sum up your color combination in just one word, then that word would be: Terrible!
i will try and work on the colour or can any suggest a wonderful color code(code as in #ffffff).
Try this Color Scheme, and see if it helps, any.

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

As a general rule, the brighter a given color is, the more of it that you want to display at one time, the paler it should be. Ultimately, any color can look good in a theme. You just want to try to avoid overpowering the human eye of the site visitors that visit your site.

That Color Scheme lets you select a color, and then it has Lighten Scheme and Darken Scheme buttons which I think are particularly helpful as a time saver in choosing a color palette that suits your particular taste buds.
The colour is awfull, goto myBB and download a new theme,

Couldnt really make out what your site is about, too busy squinting lol

Mick