MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to login to general forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I have a problem with my forum that I just started, I have it totally set up online and everything. The problem is that when a user logs into the forum, (doesn't matter who, even Admin) they get the normal message that they've logged in but when it redirects back to the main page, they're still a guest. As Admin I've been able to log into the cp but thats about it. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Site: http://elafros.info
Test member:
Name: Tester
Pass: Tester

(not that it'll help, it can't login anyways)

Forum: hosted by Linux home server
Running Apache
Mysql ver: 5.0.51
I doubt that your cookieDomain is correct.
Wewt! I got it, Thanks for your help!

Edit: Hi, back again, this time the site works (login and out) on firefox but not safari or IE. The cookie settings are fine this time so i don't have much clue how to resolve this. I looked at the other threads with similar problems but i didn't see anything with safari.

Thanks
Sorry, i deleted the test account after the last problem was resolved, a new test account is up under the same name and password.
Hi,

I noticed you're masking your actual forum URL using the domain and an iframe?

If that is the case, some browsers do not like this.

Alternatively you can try setting the cookie domain and path t both empty, clearing your cookies and seeing if it works then.
the forum login works for me and i'm usinf IE7....
Chris Boulton Wrote:Hi,

I noticed you're masking your actual forum URL using the domain and an iframe?

If that is the case, some browsers do not like this.

Alternatively you can try setting the cookie domain and path t both empty, clearing your cookies and seeing if it works then.

Nope that didn't work, in fact i lost it on firefox when i did that

IE7 huh? hmmm....