MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WomenOnlyForums.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A forum for women. Just converted from a hugely modded phpBB (the winner of the 2006 contest on phpBBhacks by the way, God I had to brag Big Grin)

I still have an issue with those ugly Text Link Ads links in the header (hope someone will eventuall ofer me an idea), the left column needs some more work (I have to add some more stuff), but mostly this is the layout.

Changed the index tables (some columns are gone), same for forumview.

www.womenonlyforums.com

Really looking for some feedback Wink

Thank you in advance.
dojo Wrote:A forum for women. Just converted from a hugely modded phpBB (the winner of the 2006 contest on phpBBhacks by the way, God I had to brag Big Grin)

I still have an issue with those ugly Text Link Ads links in the header (hope someone will eventuall ofer me an idea), the left column needs some more work (I have to add some more stuff), but mostly this is the layout.

Changed the index tables (some columns are gone), same for forumview.

www.womenonlyforums.com

Really looking for some feedback Wink

Thank you in advance.

I'm not a woman, but I am willing to provide some feedback to you on the site.

Quite clearly, you are a master of the craft of thematic manipulation. There's not really much, if anything of note, to criticize about the look that you have going for this site.

It gets high marks from me for contrast, and the overall pink color scheme lends a very feminine touch to the site. The site has a very nice look to it, coming across as modestly elegant.

The icon graphics for new/no new/locked forums work and integrate well with the overall look. The large red "X" for the locked forums is not the most imaginative, but it works well here, just the same, in the same manner that a woman speaks with a certain finality, when she says, "No!"

Nothing is overdone. There is no glare. The eliminated forum index columns are not missed, but in fact, it improves the look of things, in my considered opinion. I especially like the way that you incorporated the thread counts and post counts in the white boxes. Very nice touch!

The look has a refined quality about it. The forum features in the quote box catches the eye, without gouging the eye.

You have some things planned for the largely empty left side, so you are already aware of that, and based upon the quality of your efforts, thus far, I am confident that you will fill that space with a continuing eye to expanding upon the quality visual presentation already evident.

For the text links ads that you dislike, perhaps they could become vines growing, but with the text retained, or perhaps they could be used in conjunction with something soft, such as kittens or cats. Instead of names of cats, the cats would be used to both draw attention to the text ads, but at the same time the felines would soften the visual impact of the ads. Perhaps a number of cats lying around, or sleeping, or even a few playing. Maybe the ads could even be incorporated into just the tails of the cats. You could scatter the text ads in such form all around the page, such as a couple lying across the top, or climbing along the side.
The theme looks awesome Big Grin
I never figured you'd move to mybb on such a large forum.
Thought you were a phpbb fanatic :p
I am not a woman but in my opinion, you have a great looking forum and the color doesn't hurt my eyes Smile
Faby Wrote:The theme looks awesome Big Grin