MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Don't you just hate people who register with outrageous names!?!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I run a gaming clan and have been in my share of clans over the past 4-5 years as I'm a PC gamer. Well, I along with half of my current clan left our previous clan who had no structure nor the proper leadership in place. Eventually, the old clan we left fell apart and decided to merge with another gaming clan before it just crashed completely and everyone scattered around the community.

Recently, some of my old clan mates started to join my current forum boards with fake names, so I'd either change their password or remove their username completely. Apparently, 1 of the guys who registered on my boards didn't like the fact that I made it aware to his current clan that he was coming onto other clan's boards under false names which could end up in a big mess. I took a screenshot from the AdminCP of his username which was LOL with the email he registered with, which gave who it was away completely. I went ahead and went onto his clan's forum boards and made a post with the screenshot about 1 of their clan members registering on my board with a false name and mentioned that I track/log IPs and match them up with usernames every-so-often. When I said that, he went crazy and said he's going to call the cops because I was tracking IPs.

Now, don't you hate it when nubs think that it's illegal when you track/log IPs when you own the boards and website?

The guys actual statements:
edit - btw dickface, you start tracing IP's and i'll get law enforcement crammed so far up your butt you won't know what hit you. don't test me or think i'm joking: i'm not.

This kid needs to be pimp smacked! Someone do it for me so I don't get arrested for smacking kids!!

thought you'd all get a laugh
-Shemo
What age is he? And what age are you? lol.
Shemo Wrote:So, I run a gaming clan and have been in my share of clans over the past 4-5 years as I'm a PC gamer. Well, I along with half of my current clan left our previous clan who had no structure nor the proper leadership in place. Eventually, the old clan we left fell apart and decided to merge with another gaming clan before it just crashed completely and everyone scattered around the community.

Recently, some of my old clan mates started to join my current forum boards with fake names, so I'd either change their password or remove their username completely. Apparently, 1 of the guys who registered on my boards didn't like the fact that I made it aware to his current clan that he was coming onto other clan's boards under false names which could end up in a big mess. I took a screenshot from the AdminCP of his username which was LOL with the email he registered with, which gave who it was away completely. I went ahead and went onto his clan's forum boards and made a post with the screenshot about 1 of their clan members registering on my board with a false name and mentioned that I track/log IPs and match them up with usernames every-so-often. When I said that, he went crazy and said he's going to call the cops because I was tracking IPs.

Now, don't you hate it when nubs think that it's illegal when you track/log IPs when you own the boards and website?

The guys actual statements:
edit - btw dickface, you start tracing IP's and i'll get law enforcement crammed so far up your butt you won't know what hit you. don't test me or think i'm joking: i'm not.

This kid needs to be pimp smacked! Someone do it for me so I don't get arrested for smacking kids!!

thought you'd all get a laugh
-Shemo
Are they flaming your forums or disrespecting you or members i don't see what they doing wrong? I don't get the problem I mean i have ex-clan member on my site register under a different name, i don't care. As long as he follows my forum rules he's fine.
xcx Wrote:What age is he? And what age are you? lol.
I agree - this is somewhat quite immature.
Well, agreeing to have your IP logged is something everyone agrees to when signing up to a MyBB forum, providing you haven't removed it from the default registration agreement.
I'm 21...I think he's like 16.

I deleted his username before he could start to make rude/dumb posts because he knows we pwn him in cod4. =P
Doom, I haven't taken anything off of the original registration statement.
Then he doesn't have a leg to stand on with regards to his rather ridiculas claim Toungue
Given that statement, is he going to call the local law enforcement on your web hosting provider as well for logging IP's when the server receives the traffic he's sending?

He seems immature and I'd just ban the IP[s] and move on.
As said as few times before, you need not worry about any threats in regards to IP Tracking.

In fact, since you have not modified the initial registration agreement, he cannot do anything, and it'd cost a ton of money to get a lawyer for a case which he'll automatically lose.

There's nothing he can do, and you're just doing your job as an admin. Smile
Listen, the best thing to do when people make the "im telling on you" threats is to say "Okay, go ahead and if you need anymore help, feel free to ask". Kill them with kindness!
Pages: 1 2