MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Convert Test Database over to live db
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I love your software. I just want to lay out a scenario and was wondering if there's a way to make it work.

I have a phpbb2 board I was looking to move away from(the software, not the site obviously). After some research I found MyBB and fell in love. So I set up a test db in a test folder and imported my entire board, users and all, over to the test site to see how how everything worked. Other than a few permission issues and some users post totals quadrupling there were no issues with the import. The problem is the full import took like 2 days since we have well over 300,000 posts and 600+ users. I would rather not be down for that long so I was wondering if there's a way to take my already imported db and just merge what has changed since I originally did the merge. It has only been about a month since I did the merge so it would take a fraction of the time the first one did.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I should add I tried to just run the merge program again but it keeps complaining about missing columns and (not null) values.
300,000 thousand posts taking 2 days? Do your servers run on Celeron processors? One of our first boards had over 2 million posts and it took less than 24 hours. We've done all the optimizing we can.

On another note, the bugs you mentioned have been reported and are going to be fixed in the next RC.
Hi,

There is no exact way to perform a merge again and only have "newer" content merged over instead of it all.

Regards,
Chris
My host is extremely slow but it is cheap. No problem though, just trying to save some time. Thanks!