MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Public or private forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im wondering how many of u are running a public or private forum?
I am currently running 2 MyBB public forums. If I ever found a universal login modification, then I'd make an entire forum for my network's staff and it would be hidden and invite only.
You have to keep in mind that if you wish for Google, Yahoo, MSN or other SE's to crawl your website, you'll need to have some access open, unless you're not looking to have it indexed.
Private. Previously we had a board at Runboard. Although two of our boards were up there in the top 10 of activity we didn't fit in with the 'clique' so sometimes it could be 'uncomfortable'. As soon as I discovered MyBB I set up another forum, which in effect merged the two boards. We don't want any of the clique nosing in at us so we are private. Indeed my posters appreciate the fact that we are hidden away. Wink
Semi-private. Anyone can view my forum, but they have to register to post.
well i prefer having a private forum to know how many people are interested in what i publish Big Grin
On my MyBB forums, I have the mod installed where a guest can only view the forum so many times and then it asks to register. Thats always a good thing to have I think.
Semi - private. They can view, but have to register to post.