MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding home page before forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Over the past week i've been trying to add a portal to display all the latest news about my football club and topics within the site.

So far i've not got it working and have now come up with an idea to have a front/home page for the site and then the forum it's self.

I'm new to all this and i'm still learning but i've searched on the site and found a few things and want to try and get things right in my head before i attempt to do this and mess everything up.

So the first thing i should do is move the forum to a "/forum" folder.Then create a index.php and put that in the root of the website.
So there wll be two items here now folder called Fourm and a php file called index.

Then i need to change the forum url path from red-kopites.com to red-kopites.com/forum.

So this would now give me what i need? when i log into red-kopites.com i have a page there that i can update and from there you can acess the forum? Is this correct or have i missed something out.

Appriacte any adivce and help please.

Thanks...
Hi,

That would be correct.

So a summary of exactly what you need to do:

1. Use your FTP client to move all of the MyBB files in to the /forum directory (tip: Most FTP clients have a move command you can use)
2. Double check the file permissions on inc/settings.php, uploads/ and uploads/avatars to ensure they're CHMOD 777 (or at least writable - some FTP servers don't do this properly when performing the move)
3. Login to your Admin CP at /forum/admin/.
4. Change your board URL under Settings > Change > General Configuration.
5. Double check that the front end and everything else works correctly.

Any dramas, let us know and we can help you out.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Hi,

That would be correct.

1. Use your FTP client to move all of the MyBB files in to the /forum directory (tip: Most FTP clients have a move command you can use)
2. Double check the file permissions on inc/settings.php, uploads/ and uploads/avatars to ensure they're CHMOD 777 (or at least writable - some FTP servers don't do this properly when performing the move)

Thanks mate i'll be trying this over the weekend as the protal bit is a no go for me it seems( shame but there we go lol).

And i can add info pictures to the index.php file to display on the opening page correct?
Is this best done via the ACP or download the file up date it and re-up it?

Thanks.
I have a portal. But how do I make that the mainsite?
Chris Boulton Wrote:Hi,

That would be correct.

Ok done all that seems ok i think? I hope!

Thanks