MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What files what????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I spent all **** night yesterday uploading the files.

Finally done! I thought, installation went fine with success.

Of course I get a number of parse errors

Then this one:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/***/public_html/engineblock/inc/functions_post.php on line 454

I tried re-uploading the file a few times, with no success.

Of course, I decided maybe just to re-upload everything, of course it would help to know what files I could leave on the server (like images I suppose), but there are never any in depth documentations on this. Sorry I joined the service and the only internet available is some crappy 56k wi-fi monopoly and they charge you $65 month.

Now I'm to afraid to upgrade the bulletin board once the time comes.
Zurich Wrote:Of course, I decided maybe just to re-upload everything, of course it would help to know what files I could leave on the server (like images I suppose), but there are never any in depth documentations on this.
The main issue is that there's no simple answer to that.

Ideally, once you've uploaded everything, it should just work, however, if something doesn't, we can't really track down what's causing the issue. Generally, you re-upload the file that the error shows, but in your case, it didn't seem to help. This is odd indeed.

BTW, I hope you're not accessing the file whilst it's uploading...