MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge and BbBoard v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What can you convert to? If you can convert to something that can then be converted to phpBB, then that could then be converted to MyBB.

The problem with this approach is that the more conversions, the greater chance of loosing some data due to it not being convertible.
The only conversion tool I've found at this point is vBulletin. And, of course, to get the tool you need to buy the license. I've pretty much reached the conclusion that vB is really our only option, unfortunately. I'd rather not pay $160...

Thanks for those who have chimed in. If you do know of something, I'd love to hear about it.
Do you actually need a vB forum to do the conversion?
Yes I think you need a vBulletin license to get access to a legal copy of the vB ImpEx. However, I don't know why I'm answering this question on the MyBB support forums...
DennisTT Wrote:Yes I think you need a vBulletin license to get access to a legal copy of the vB ImpEx. However, I don't know why I'm answering this question on the MyBB support forums...

That's correct - I would need to buy a vB license, which is why it's not a viable way.

Thanks for the attempts at supplying an answer.
Pages: 1 2