MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Music Converter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for some FREE software that I can covert my CD's (Music) to MP3's. I would like them to also do realplayer and windows media to MP3 as well. What freeware program would be good for this?
www.videolan.org/vlc has a transcode option under File -> Wizard
You'll be lucky to find a free program that converts Real Player files, there aren't even many "paid" programs that can do that.
CDex or EAC are the recommended tools for CD ripping, as they come with Jitter correction, and all that stuff. I highly suggest against using media players to rip CD audio, as they can give inaccurate results.

RM is a crap format, as lufbra, there isn't too much hope. If it's an older version, I believe libavcodec can decode the RM streams, so try a converter based on that, ie Mediacoder, or Goldwave with ffdshow installed.

For non-DRM'd WMA, use MediaCoder. If your WMA are DRM encrypted, use Fair4Use (you must own the DRM license).

For conversion to MP3, only use converters based of the LAME encoder. LAME is considered to be the best MP3 encoder.
Super C has succesfully converted every file I've thrown at it,and can convert to nearly any format, including PSP, iPod, DS, AVI, 3GP and audio formats as well.

It doesn't handle Real Player format though (though I m not using the latest version).

Just Google it.
Urgh, I hate SuperC.

If it works, go ahead, but it's somewhat very limited in what it can do...

Hmm, I wonder if it can even perform VBR conversions...
I have something that isn't officially free but came at a mates rate which can convert RM files.
So in other words it's not really legal. Wink

I know Jet Audio used to convert RM files, but not the "freeware" version. I also believe DBPoweramp converts RM files but again it's not "freeware", at least it isn't nowadays.
Just use a libavcodec based converter. It's completely free, and supports up to RM 8.

Meh, you shouldn't be getting any newer RM files anyway.

Dunno if Real Alternative + DirectShow capable renderer (like Goldwave) works - should give it a try if the above doesn't work.
Again, it's completely free Toungue