MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: the registration email sent out isn't very friendly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the registration email sent out isn't very friendly . The subject comes across as 'member'. Can it be changed?
You can change the email that is sent out at registration from the Language Manager in the ACP.

ACP -> Language Packs -> Manage -> *Language Name* -> Edit Language Variables -> Go -> messages.lang.php -> edit

The variables to look for are:
  • emailsubject_activateaccount - (Email subject)
  • email_activateaccount - (Email message)
Musicalmidget Wrote:You can change the email that is sent out at registration from the Language Manager in the ACP.

ACP -> Language Packs -> Manage -> *Language Name* -> Edit Language Variables -> Go -> messages.lang.php -> edit

THank you and I have found those variables and I am looking at them. I still can't see how to remove the word "Member" which comes across the subject of the acitvation email and change it to say, "Forum Activation" . I can't find what to change precisely?
rcw Wrote:
Musicalmidget Wrote:You can change the email that is sent out at registration from the Language Manager in the ACP.

THank you and I have found those variables and I am looking at them. I still can't see how to remove the word "Member" which comes across the subject of the acitvation email and change it to say, "Forum Activation" . I can't find what to change precisely?

After working hard at it..and reading over your help...i figured most of it out. THnaks for your help.