MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: character issues... again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, im running a copy of MyBB 1.2.10, and as the default language in my forum is spanish, our 'special' characters seems to having some issues.

When I post for example (Im the admin) spanish characters like áéíóúñ they show up correctly... i log out, login again, and no problems, but with 2 or 3 users the post cuts just right before a special character... ex: 'Caña'... the post will just show as 'Ca', everything else will not show up.

I actually went into the database, and I'm checking they're not even getting into it.

In this post (screenshot from MySQL Query Browser) it should say 'Pues haber, cuales serian sus proximas metas/propositos de este año'. And as you can see, it cuts before de 'ñ'.
[Image: 97459404lu4.gif]
[Image: 64883793zn6.png]

Also notice on the last screenshot, the user title also cuts, should say: 'La niño'... ¬_¬

The tables are in UTF-8.

[Image: 89447904qu6.th.jpg]

Help?

Thanks in advance
*bump*

Anyone?

I have 1.2.11 now, and every other table in UTF-8 too... still same issues... is it at least possible to copy all data to another database without the languages? I mean... only the data of mybb_posts gets copied without it's charset configuration?