MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Discuss] MyBB 1.2.11 Released - IMPORTANT Security Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thanks, patched my sites. Fast service here!

Can always count on you guys for a quick fix Smile.
What if I'm patching from 1.2.9? Do the directions remain the same?
gimmezell Wrote:What if I'm patching from 1.2.9? Do the directions remain the same?

No. Follow the instructions in the wiki ([Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)) as other files have changed than just the above files for 1.2.11
There is no update.php file :-| Do I just FTP the patch files and thats all? I also have quite a few mods installed, will they be affected? Thanks (and remember im new to mybb :p)
kruzzen Wrote:There is no update.php file :-| Do I just FTP the patch files and thats all? I also have quite a few mods installed, will they be affected? Thanks (and remember im new to mybb :p)

Security updates don't usually need to run the upgrade process unless it requires database changes. Your mods won't be affected.
Upgrade was sucessful on my 2 MyBB forums, thanks MyBB Big Grin
Patched, thanks! Big Grin IT happened to coincide with the my host's SQL having a slight downtime, which might have been lucky?
Thanks
I've replaced the files and working like a charm
Thanks
By the way, thanks for all those who helped me check out JobForums. I fixed the problem by deactivating the SpiceFuse SEO plugin. Although this seems to have solved the problem, I don't know why did the problem occur in the first place, or why despite me clearing my cache, using local proxies, etc, I still could see the page / post threads / posts just fine (along with a few other people).

In any case, I installed the Dynamic Meta plugin and modified it to include forum names / descriptions in the meta keywords tag. Although I can't use the SEO-friendly URLs from the SpiceFuse SEO plugin, I guess I'll wait for MyBB 1.4 to be released. Smile

Thanks to all who helped again!
thank you guys its great that you tell us all the small things you fix and that you do it fast that is what i like about mybb

And thank you again for or your hardworkBig Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6