MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Discuss] MyBB 1.2.11 Released - IMPORTANT Security Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Faisal Shah Wrote:
well, DONE! all of the forums are patched! Smile but i am still looking forward to have 1.4!

...All in good time Smile
metalappie Wrote:Not sure if it's relevant to this security issue but I patched the forums last night (which went smoothly) and this morning I noticed this really odd PHP file in the inc directory. It was called ._class_parser.php, but when I checked the file it didn't contain any PHP code but just some unreadable garbage. I'm now wondering if some idiot actually tried hacking our forums or was this just a corrupt file?

Forums still work great though, I'm just wondering if this could have been some hacker trying to use the exploits described in this announcement?

I have this file also, but it was uploaded the same day that I uploaded everything else when I changed hosts, so I agree with tmhai that it's from the ftp software.

Anyway, I upgraded and the SEO mod seems to be working, as well as my index page, so the upgrade was successful.
tmhai Wrote:You will need to UPGRADE your forum.

To do so, download the complete 1.2.11 package, and follow the upgrade procedures as outlined here: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

You need to upgrade because 1.2.10 required an upgrade. Doing so using the latest download package will also patch your forums from the security issues as outlined by this release.

Thank you thmai, then i will do that asap. As for my translated swedish language files, are they affected in any manner by this upgrade?
If you're upgrading from 1.2.9, then yes, some language files were adding or modified and you'll need to re-translate those files.
Cool_Guy Wrote:
metalappie Wrote:Not sure if it's relevant to this security issue but I patched the forums last night (which went smoothly) and this morning I noticed this really odd PHP file in the inc directory. It was called ._class_parser.php, but when I checked the file it didn't contain any PHP code but just some unreadable garbage. I'm now wondering if some idiot actually tried hacking our forums or was this just a corrupt file?

I have this file also, but it was uploaded the same day that I uploaded everything else when I changed hosts, so I agree with tmhai that it's from the ftp software.

That file is actually the result of Mac OS X or some form of Linux doing some work. No need to worry about it. Just delete it. It does nothing.
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:If you're upgrading from 1.2.9, then yes, some language files were adding or modified and you'll need to re-translate those files.

Thanks for info, i was afraid of that Sad
Thanks for the update. Upgrade went without problems. Smile
Upgrade went great as usual for me Smile I had to in the end download a complete copy off the front of the site because my windows extractor wouldn't work with the changed files zip. The full version un-packed fine though.

Regards

Oh and thank you Wink
hemi Wrote:Upgrade went great as usual for me Smile I had to in the end download a complete copy off the front of the site because my windows extractor wouldn't work with the changed files zip. The full version un-packed fine though.

Regards

Oh and thank you Wink

I had that issue using ICEOWS, I had to download PeaZip to be able to extract the changed files archive.
If you are having problems with the upgrade/install, please post it in the General Support forum.
This thread is only to discuss the release itself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6