MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.2.11 released?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well,
It was quite amazing for me to see the release of 1.2.11 because i was expecting the release of 1.4! How ever can any one tell me if i use 1.2.10 and once 1.4 is released so i will able to make a direct upgrade??? of will have to do step by step like 1.2.11 and then 1.4 ???

FAISAL!
You will be able to upgrade from 1.2.10 to 1.4, but if you really want to leave your forum running 1.2.10 instead of patching it to 1.2.11, then yet another thing that you were oh so interested about might happen to you.

Since you like big and bright colours, this should help you:
UPGRADE YOUR FORUM TO 1.2.11!
It's just a security update, not a huge upgrade. I doubt they expected these problems to come up, or 1.2.11 wouldn't have been necessary.
judel Wrote:It's just a security update, not a huge upgrade. I doubt they expected these problems to come up, or 1.2.11 wouldn't have been necessary.
Exactly. No security release is ever planned since they are the result of finding a flaw in the code and fixing it before more people exploit it. Maintenance releases are planned for quite a while in advance, and 1.2.10 was the last planned release before 1.4.
You don't seem to understand that 1.2.11 fixes rather important security vulnerabilities.
It doesn't change any templates, so there is no theme changes to worry about this time around.

But if you want to leave yourself open to people hacking you (since you've now advertised that you don't want to upgrade) then you can only blame yourself if something does happen.
We've done the right thing by providing a patch. Smile
Well. I already upgraded on the 1st day itself!!! Wink
But i am still badly waiting for 1.4 release!

FAISAL!
If you had already upgraded, then what was the point in asking?
BOOM! i asked before upgrading!!! Sad
and got very helpful and good answers so i upgraded! HOPE YOU Don't MIND! Wink

FAISAL!
Faisal Shah Wrote:BOOM! i asked before upgrading!!! Sad
and got very helpful and good answers so i upgraded! HOPE YOU Don't MIND! Wink

FAISAL!

Why the anxiety of about 1.4 coming out. These forums are working great as it is. ....Leave 'em alone when they are working. Toungue
Amen to that, rcw...not to mention how tiring it gets to hear the question of when it will be coming out over and over again. Toungue