MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange error when navigating forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so I can see the home page fine but when I go into an actual forum section I get this error at the top of the page and it acts as if I'm logged out

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/21/d193461985/htdocs/forums/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php:1) in /homepages/21/d193461985/htdocs/forums/inc/functions.php on line 1171

and when I try to log in it gives me that code 3 times at the top and then kicks me back to the login window. When I go back to the main forum page it's fine. Here check it out http://forums.theconsolescene.com

I had the Xfire plugin installed from the MyBB site and did the extra steps to get the button on the MyCode tool bar so I was trying to just remove the button and did the steps in reverse from what's on the instructions and then got that.
Looks like global.lang.php has the BOM (Byte Order Mark). You need to resave it as UTF-8 without the BOM.
tmhai Wrote:Could that not be because there is a space before <?php at the start of the file?

I follow this =P He probably modified his global.lang.php with Notepad ... get a fresh copy of that file and redo the changes but don't use Notepad =P
Haha yeah I did edit it with notepad which is stupid because I have dreamweaver >_> wasn't thinking. Ok I'll get a fresh copy of it and see if that works.

Sweet that worked, thanks ppl
I've edites tons of stuff with notepad and that error never appears....
Lucky you.

I use NotePad++, syntax highlighting FTW!
ct2k7 Wrote:I've edites tons of stuff with notepad and that error never appears....

It doesn't happen for all users, but for a significant portion of the community it does create a problem.