MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What Free CMS can Mybb be integrated into?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking of reworking my website and using a content management system with Mybb integrated.

Does anyone know a great content management system for free that Mybb can be integrated into other than Joomla or Mambo?

I was looking at postnuke, but I don't know if there is a way to integrate Mybb into postnuke.
MKPortal?
I forget the link (it's somewhere here or on MODx's website), but there's also one for MyBB<->MODx CMS. It isn't a "true" integration user-wise (just shows off the posts in X forum, latest posts/members/etc.), since the developer stopped developing it.

Of course, if you want a "cookie-cutter"-ish CMS, then Joomla! or Mambo would be fine for you to use (since MODx is meant to work the other way around --- your content controls the CMS, not the CMS controlling your content).
I used to have MkPortal bridged with MyBB and it worked wonders.
Thanks, I checked MK Portal out to integrate Mybb into except two things bother me.

1. The version number is still low and is in RC stage still meaning it could have a number of bugs/exploits.

2. You have to register on their website to download it. Ugh not yet another website/forum I am going to have to register on.
Xtreme2damax Wrote:Thanks, I checked MK Portal out to integrate Mybb into except two things bother me.

1. The version number is still low and is in RC stage still meaning it could have a number of bugs/exploits.

2. You have to register on their website to download it. Ugh not yet another website/forum I am going to have to register on.

The RC version is their new release they already have a stable release for MyBB.

The one your talking about is the one their redoing for AEF.
www.mkportal.it is the best CMS! Big Grin
MKPortal is a good portal. I use them on my SMF boards which I want to convert to MyBB ASAP Big Grin
NetSage Wrote:
Xtreme2damax Wrote:Thanks, I checked MK Portal out to integrate Mybb into except two things bother me.

The RC version is their new release they already have a stable release for MyBB.

The one your talking about is the one their redoing for AEF.

What's AEF?

Also I can't seem to find the stable non-rc release of MKPortal.

Another thing is I didn't like I had to register on yet another forum/website just to download this.
http://mkportal.it/index.php?ind=downloa...ew&idev=42

Those are the non RC ones. But an RC should work fine they are supposed to be stable enough to use in production sites.

AEF is another forum script.