MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Request: Custom Page to Choose Race
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a theme on a new forums i'm working on... The theme would be to choose between 2 races...

I want this to be the members choice.. I was thinking of using Public joinable usergroups and was thinking of putting something on the index page that they will see upon registering (and being directed to the forums on activation)

It sounds simple so far hehe but the problem is i want it to disappear once they have chosen...

I would actually prefer them to not be able to leave the usergroup without seeking permission.

I also need to be able to add images to the index page (where they select the usergroup)

It doesn't have to be on the index page... It could be a custom page so i can add information about each race to help them choose which would suit... It would have alot more space for customization... It would need to be directed to from registration tho...

If done on a custom page then i would also need it to allow for them to come back to it later if they choose to not pick straight away... So i would need a reminder bar of some sort at the top of the forums or maybe in User CP?

One last thing (that i can think of right now hehe) i would need to be able to add more usergroup/races at a later point also..

Is there anyone who would be willing to help code this kind of plugin??

I appreciate any help and suggestions Smile
Since i hadn't heard from anyone i figured i would see what i could do myself...

I managed to make the pages with custom pages plugin... I've made links on those pages linking to join a usergroup if they choose it... This is where the problem comes in... They aren't changing their usergroup but only adding another one...

Would it be even possible to do what am i thinking?

Also the redirection after selecting to join that public usergroup needs to be changed to the index page... How would i go about this?
Ok lol so this is where i am with this project now... I've sorted the redirection out in usercp.php and i've got the public joinable groups as moderated...

Then it's just a matter of admin logging in to move them out of their primary group and into another custom group and removing them from the public group (or leaving them there doesn't matter really)

Would anyone have any suggestions on how this could be done automatically? Without the use of the public groups... Or At least have it on the members view that everything is completed?

Any ideas, suggestions of advice is greatly appreciated Smile
Couldn't you just have them change the theme they are using in the User CP -> options ?
That would only change the look and feel of the forums tho wouldn't it? The reason for the different usergroups is for permissions, so they wouldn't be able to access some areas... Those areas would be different depending on their chosen "race"...