MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I search free hosting for mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all.
I search an hosting for create my community with MyBB. Sad

I want this minimum features:

- 50 MB web space or more
- PHPMail allowed
- Unlimited MySql storage
- My ADS allowed
- 20 GB bandwidth or more
There's several post threads regarding to this, just look through the pages of this forum alone.
Your requirements are easy and just about any host posted before can meet them except the unlimited MySQL storage. That is usually part of the web space. Wink (Besides why would you need unlimited Rolleyes)
I can probably say 50 MB is not going to be enough for a forum unless you prohibit Attachments and image posting completely and keep your member base to the bare minimum. A free hosts monthly bandwidth allotment would probably be fairly low as well. A forum can pull a lot of bandwidth especially once people start visiting your website. Never go with a host free or paid that oversells space or bandwidth or claims to offer unlimited bandwidth or space, Because they either won't last very long or you will find out "Unlimited" doesn't mean unlimited like they claim.

Even then you are going to have issues. 500 MB will or might barely get you by, 1 gig is more sufficient but still not enough if your forum becomes popular or has a lot of visitors.

Once you start getting registrations you are better off moving to paid hosting.

Barely any free hosts have PHP Send Mail enabled and a majority of them don't support PHP or MySQL which is essential to the operation an running of bulletin boards.

I have an online friend which has a forum I am a Super Moderator at and his forum is using nearly a gig in attachment space alone without the size of the database factored in.

I had to end up going paid hosting in the longrun because no free host was suitable for running a forum, not to mention free hosts don't end up lasting very long.

So unless you like ads for which you get no revenue, strict bandwidth/space allowance and constantly having to backup your database/forum and moving between different hosts, paid is the only way to go and the wisest decision.Wink
You could try hostmienphi.com

Specs's Easy Plant:
300Mb / 10Gig Web Space
Unlimited Email Accounts
Host 7 Domains
Park 7 Domains
Unlimited MYSQL
10 FTPs
5 Email Lists

No ADS, demo my Personal Site: http://tquang.hostmienphi.com/
Xtreme2damax actually 50 mb is fine to start out with. I'm guessing he doesn't have that busy of a site at the moment. 500 mb is a lot of space a forum believe it or not. As long as your images are compress properly there shouldn't a problem.

Most people don't attach things more than 1 mb (if that usually less) so he shouldn't worry about that either.

There are plenty of hosts that allow phpsendmail and are ad free you just have to look for them. There are plenty of good free hosts (Most are post 2 host but non the less good)
NetSage Wrote:Xtreme2damax actually 50 mb is fine to start out with. I'm guessing he doesn't have that busy of a site at the moment. 500 mb is a lot of space a forum believe it or not. As long as your images are compress properly there shouldn't a problem.

Most people don't attach things more than 1 mb (if that usually less) so he shouldn't worry about that either.

There are plenty of hosts that allow phpsendmail and are ad free you just have to look for them. There are plenty of good free hosts (Most are post 2 host but non the less good)

I just meant once his website becomes more popular and attracts visitors he might want to consider paid.

As for the other things, I wasn't able to find a decent free host that offered those after countless Google searches, not to mention some free hosts had ridiculous filetype restrictions that made uploading certain Mybb mods and themes impossible. So I just went paid in the end since I was tired of searching.Wink
Hmm, from my knowledge of free hosting services, not too many offer sendmail or unlimited MySQL storage...

I had to leave free hosting once my forum exceeded the 10MB MySQL limit. (I was also exceeding server loads as well)
I resolve it, thanks.
^^

You resolve it?

can you give us the host .. thnx