MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Mybb users,
I just downloaded utorrent. Because of that, I would like to have a "trustfull" resource of downloads. So, I was wondering if anybody has some invites to private trackers. If so, and you are willing to give me one, I would really appreciate it if you would reply here.
Thanks in advance,
Footballman

(I hope its ok that I opened a thread about it)
Well in recent times many private trackers have closed their doors completely even the ones that had open sign ups.

There isn't really a huge advantage to them to be honest. If you know what your doing you'll be fine with mininova. Look over at torrent freak I believe there is a post there with some helpful tips Wink.
Why do you want a private tracker? Public trackers usually have more seeds anyways.
J13 Wrote:Why do you want a private tracker? Public trackers usually have more seeds anyways.
Theres alot of leechers for Public trackers :mad:
J13 Wrote:Why do you want a private tracker? Public trackers usually have more seeds anyways.

Although they have more seeds private usually has the original seeder uploading of a seed box which offers a very nice speed. Also people are required to upload what they download so you get great speeds too because people don't just limit their upload speed at 2 kb/s. Then also you usually don't have to download false labeled things.
Of course now we're downloading legal files like the songs you recorded of yourself playing your guitar right? Wink
NetSage Wrote:Well in recent times many private trackers have closed their doors completely even the ones that had open sign ups.

There isn't really a huge advantage to them to be honest. If you know what your doing you'll be fine with mininova. Look over at torrent freak I believe there is a post there with some helpful tips Wink.

yes I've seen it... have a few friends who had invitations to TL and RTT... but they deleted their invitations.
I will give a look at torrent freak, thanks for the suggestion.

Although they have more seeds (thats what I understand), I have this thing with viruses, so I want a private tracker that people upload to it the right stuff and not some viruses or wrong files.

NetSage Wrote:Although they have more seeds private usually has the original seeder uploading of a seed box which offers a very nice speed. Also people are required to upload what they download so you get great speeds too because people don't just limit their upload speed at 2 kb/s. Then also you usually don't have to download false labeled things.

what is seed box?
and thanx again for the infoSmile
DennisTT Wrote:Of course now we're downloading legal files like the songs you recorded of yourself playing your guitar right? Wink

well, I want to download some legal e-books, and things like that.
I think their are legalWink
Unless they were released to the public domain, no they are not.
MrDoom Wrote:Unless they were released to the public domain, no they are not.

I know....
Footballman Wrote:what is seed box?
and thanx again for the infoSmile

A seed box is usually a dedicated server so it has 100 mb line for uploading Wink.
Pages: 1 2