MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: image attachment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the user of our forum trying to attached an image(s) to their thread, okay? why is it that they cannot "insert" the said attachment to their post? It just appear as a "normal thumbnail in attached file(s)". is it an error from mybb or limitation from the server?
vickoy Wrote:the user of our forum trying to attached an image(s) to their thread, okay? why is it that they cannot "insert" the said attachment to their post? It just appear as a "normal thumbnail in attached file(s)". is it an error from mybb or limitation from the server?

you have to go to your AdminCP and then on the left hand column there is a category called Board Settings/Change/Show Attached Thumbnails in Post/ Change the setting to "Full Size Image"

But what I also want to know is.....Can I limit the size of the "Full Size Image" ?
rcw Wrote:
vickoy Wrote:the user of our forum trying to attached an image(s) to their thread, okay? why is it that they cannot "insert" the said attachment to their post? It just appear as a "normal thumbnail in attached file(s)". is it an error from mybb or limitation from the server?

you have to go to your AdminCP and then on the left hand column there is a category called Board Settings/Change/Show Attached Thumbnails in Post/ Change the setting to "Full Size Image"

But what I also want to know is.....Can I limit the size of the "Full Size Image" ?

sorry, but I guess we misunderstood each other, theres no problem for me to attach a certain image(s) and it even appears as a thumbnail on my attached file(s). what I really want is to appear the said image as part of the message (in which I believed we can do that by clicking the "insert into post" button. my problem now, each time I clicked that "insert into post" button nothing happens and the attached image didn't appear as part of the message. so, I just let it appear as a thumbnail on my attached file(s). from then, I wanted to know if this is an error from the server which host my forum or from any configuration that I can possibly tweak.
Hi,

You need to make sure you have MyCode enabled for that forum and you have the clickable MyCode editor enabled (User CP > Edit Options). On the posting page you should then see a toolbar around the editor with buttons such as Bold, Underline, etc.
thanks chris! you solved my problem...