MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [language]What is most difficult!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What is most difficult!

Which language do you think is MORE Difficult!

I think on 1st it's dutsch and second French!!!!
Have you ever tried Polish?

You told that deutsch (german, actually) is the most difficult, let me just explain:
German has 4 cases (nominativ, genitiv, akkusativ, dativ) and they mainly differ by the prepositions (der, die, das, den, dem etc); afaik 4 tenses (by suffixes) and 3 genders (by prepositions). And there is a hard rule for most of them, not a lot of irregular stuff.

Polish comes up with 7 cases + 3 tenses, + 3 genders, all of them differ by suffixes. Additionaly, the adjectives do change when the described noun changes. And there is no way to understand the hard rule, you just have to remember the declension of every single word. I'm a native speaker of Polish and I have no idea how in the hell could anyone learn this language.

German is not so hard for me. Toungue
I think we would need to find someone who has learned all these and non of them are their native language to answer this one.

But I think it would probably be something like Chinese or Japanese if your native language is a European one.
I don't know of a single rule in the English language which does not have at least one exception.
Dutch (yes, misspelled in the first post) is quite a difficult language indeed. Toungue

However, I'd go for Chinese. Smile
Chinese and Japanese if you talking about your list only...
but the Arabian I see it's not easy lang to learn..
Apparently English is one of the most complex languages due to its habit of contradicting itself which is why I am lucky to have it as my native language.

Contrary to popular belief, Asian languages are not that complex, they just seem strange to people who are used to a latin based character set. That said, I don't know a lot of Japanese, I keep meaning to learn it.

PS:
Both Chinese and Japanese only have one s, not two. Portuguese only has one as well.
Morse code, smoke signals..
Body language?

* Ryan Loos giggles
Big Grin
@MrDooM
I Agree with you when you said that "they just seem strange to people who are used to a latin based character set."
but I disagree with that "Asian languages are not that complex"
If you know any arabians ask them when they were in the school, about thier degree for the Arabic Lang.. we have something called NAHW (grammatical), it's like the the englesh grammer..
you can't imagine how it's too much complex..
I'm in 23 years old now, and am still not fully understad it Big Grin
German. Although I can connect parts and make sentences, I don't have a pretty big vocabulary, so I can't do too much without a dictionary.
Pages: 1 2 3